function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dev_PeteDev_Pete 

Calculating Support Fees on Quotes

Our sales team sells a product mix in which part of the sale items have an annual support fee, but other parts of the sale do not.  I built a check box in the products section that tells whether an item is applicable to support fees.  So now what I need is some how to add up only the items in the quote that involve a product that is check marked with support fees being applicable.  Does anyone know how to create the formula or something that would do this?  If this could be done, I could then apply the percentage to that number and add it to the quotes area.

Thanks in advance!

EnthEnth

Try:

1. Formulas & Roll Up Summary

a. Add a custom formula field to Quote Line Items to access your Product support fees field.

b. Add a Roll Up Summary Field on Quote to only sum the amounts for line items that are marked as having support.

c. Create a formula field on Quote to calculate your fees.

or 

2. A better solution would be to use Apex to maintain the Support Fees as a line item;

a. Define a new Product for Support Fees

b. Write an Apex Trigger on OpportunityLineItem that creates and updates this product as a  line item on the opportunity.

c. When you re-synch your Quote with your opportunity you should get the additional quote line updated. If you don't want the item on the opportunity then you may be able to do it on the Quote/Quote Item Trigger instead.  

Dev_PeteDev_Pete

This is working great!  Except for one sad part.  I can't seem to create the roll up summary on the quote object.  It won't let me pull from my new field.  On the "Fields to Aggegate" list it only shows Discount, Quantity, and Sales Price.  But my new field that is working great in the line items of the quote isn't there.  What now?  I can't write APEX.  I'm on Professional.

EnthEnth

Hmm, looks like you can't use the filter criteria on a cross object formula field, but you can on a local one.

How about using a workflow to set a custom field on the Quote or Quote Line Item that you can use in the Roll Up Summary ?

Dev_PeteDev_Pete

Unfortunately we are on PE and don't have workflows.  However, we are planning to move someday to EE.  I can give that a try then.  For now, this will have to be a manual process.  I think...  Thanks for the assist.