function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RM-TeamRM-Team 

validation rule for comments (within calls)

hi,
i'm trying to create a validation rule for the fiel comments (within calls). my goal is to look for specific terms like names that i have in my contact list. i had the idea to work with the "contains" logic, but it's not possible to pick this field for my formula.

so - my question is: is there any possibility to create a validation rule for the field comments and how can i name this field to create a rule for it ?

thanks for your help in advance

regards sascha

KBowenKBowen

Sascha,

I had a similiar request from my users. They needed to pre-populate some comment information if they chose a particular Activity Type.

I worked with SF who told me that this was not currently possible with validation rules, but that I could create a custom Button to do this.

I ended up creating a custom button on Opportunities (the only place this was valid for my scenario) for that particular Task Type. In the code for the button, I hardcoded the default Comment value.

I don't know if this kind of work around would work for you if you are looking to populate Comments based on name though.