function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jon AtchisonJon Atchison 

Converting a Text field to a Formula field - Help please

Is there an easy way to do this, Converting a Text field to a Formula field?  I see that changing the field properties to a formula is not an option, and if I delete the field to recreate it as a formula field I will lose all associations in reports, views, etc.  (I will say that this is an assumption but seems logical that if I delete the field it will be gone from every instance where it is used.)

I do not like the idea of having to scan all reports in SFDC to determine if the field was used in filters, reviewing all views to see if it was in the filter and this does not even begin to touch the idea of user created reports and views. 

It seems very complicated to have to tread down that river. 

Any suggestions?
Abhi_TripathiAbhi_Tripathi
When you will try to delete the field it will show you those components wherever its used Specially Apex classes and vf pages.
And yes you have remove the fields from the filers if you have added in any reports

And if you are making the text field to formula field then it will give you errors in the class where you are using the text field that "Field is not writable "