function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CrystalCrystal 

S Control???

My company has a third party that performs sales reporting and feeds sales and assets to salesforce.com. We can see the sales and assets a firm or contact is has and with what product.

With out using the terriorty management tool (more functional then needed). I would like to create a custom formula or scontrol, that defines what terriroty the firm or contact belongs in.

For example if Joe Smith is created as a new person and he is located in TEXAS I would like another field to be automaticly updated to reflect is part of Terriroty 11 (TX is one of the states in that terriroty).

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks Crystal Hart

Jon AtchisonJon Atchison
Crystal,

I have done this using a Contains statement in a formula, as the data field is a text field w/o a validation rule allowing multiple ways of entering the same state.  If your state field is a picklist you will have to incorporate the ISPICKVAL statement.  This can also be done with a Case statement.  It was easy for me as a state only belonged to one Territory, if a state is split across multiple it can become very tough.

Try something along this line:

IF (LEN( State )=0, "None",
IF(CONTAINS("ky:KY:Ky:AL:al:Al", State ), "East",
IF (CONTAINS("ms:MS:Ms:ak:AK:Ak",State ),"West", "Other")))

I deleted a bunch of my states but you should get the idea.

Hope this helps.

CrystalCrystal
Thanks I was able to achieve my goal!:smileyhappy: