function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KathyQKathyQ 

S-Control to capture range values for deals

Hello,

Our company wants to be able to capture the range values for deals. For example, a deal could be 10-14M. We are looking at leveraging the existing clone function on the opportunity, which creates a copy of the opportunity and links it back to the original opportunity. There will be additional field populated to link the upside opportunity to an existing one.

One way to do this we thought is to use the s-control for clone opportunity, and make the minor modification to populate the additional field(s).  Since Clone is a standard button, we do not have access to the source code. Has anyone come cross the oppt clone s-control? Or if you have other ideas on how we can capture the range values?

Many thanks!

Kathy
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello Kathy,

I'm not sure about the range but you could create a custom clone button by using a custom link.  This allows you to create an object within Salesforce while using fields from the source field.  This can be done across objects as well.  If you do a search in the SF Help & Training for "How do I use a Custom Links to create a record in salesforce.com".  I also have some more information on my site.  It is a powerful option if you don't know how to code JavaScript or other languages.