function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InternIntern 

Formula of a Factored Amount distributed into Correct quarter based on close date

Well i have 4 custom fields in my opportunity.... They are Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4,  and basically what i would like a custom formula that will take the probability times the Amount ( I already have this) and then i want the formula to take the close date in to consideration and place the Factored Amount into one of those fields which each represent 3 month of the year...Q1(July-Sept.), Q2(Oct.-Dec.), Q3(Jan.-March), Q4(April-June)

I figure it would be Amount * Probability and then something else....But what???
MSheridanMSheridan
Try this formula for each field. Below is for the first quarter - July thru September. So you would create Q1 as a formula field with the below formula. Let me know if this works for you.

IF( OR(MONTH( CloseDate) = 7, MONTH( CloseDate)= 8, MONTH( CloseDate) = 9), Amount * Probability, null)

InternIntern

Thank you, it works perfectly.  I really appreciate the help i have been trying to make this work for a while now.

InternIntern
Hello,
I was wondering if you could help me with the same formula as before:

IF( OR(MONTH( CloseDate) = 7, MONTH( CloseDate)= 8, MONTH( CloseDate) = 9), Amount * Probability, null)

This time around the fields are a bit different.  Instead of CloseDate my new field is Close_Date_1, and instead of Probability, my new field is ProbabilityFW

I tried using the formula IF( OR(MONTH( Close_Date_1) = 7, MONTH( Close_Date_1)= 8, MONTH( Close_Date_1) = 9), Amount * ProbabilityFW, null)

But i get a syntax error saying that field ProbabilityFW does not exist and field Close_Date_1 does not existed. 
Do you by any chance know how i can fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.
Harry JamesHarry James
You will need a "__c" (double underscore) on the end of those custom fields.
MSheridanMSheridan
Are you able to select these as merge fields in the advanced formula section? Also, are they number fields?
InternIntern
Thank You, that worked perfectly.