function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DigitOpticDigitOptic 

Custom Rollup-Summary Formula/S-Control/Whatever

Background:
I have created a custom object called Preleads.  Preleads can be "stand-alone" records or associated with a Lead using a Lookup Relationship field.  Leads then have a related list section on their record page for the users to view and associate.  We are using Professional Edition (which I'm worried will limit my ability to add a custom solution).

Problem:
Rollup-Summary fields are not available for lookup relationship fields and Master-Detail relationship fields cannot be used for Lead records (why, Salesforce, why?).  I need a formula/s-control to give a total number of preleads associated to a lead.  I want this to be on the lead record so that the user can determine easily how many they have.  I have trolled the discussion board and blogs to no avail, although it seems there are a number of people with this same problem.  Has anyone come up with a solution?
CurtAllen.ax323CurtAllen.ax323

You won't be able to accomplish this with formulas as of yet   It is a major request to be able to reference grandparent records for formulas, which is what you are asking it seems.

I will not get into s-controls for now.   I have been out of that loop for far too long :smileytongue:

DigitOpticDigitOptic
I spoke with Salesforce.com today about this... they don't have solution as of yet.  So, I posted the idea on the IdeaExchage.

The best thing to do now is promote it until they pay attention!