function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

Force.com IDE deployment bug, sorting and selection

I have encountered a bug when trying to deploy where it says I have not selected any components when in fact components are selected. This occurs on step 3 when using the deselect all and sorting abilities.

I usually wouldn't be so quick to call this a bug but I have been able to replicate this issue on two different machines.

Eclipse: 3.3.1.1
Force.com IDE: 11.1.1.200801181701
Latest version of Java.

1. Deselect All
2. Sort by Type

or

1. Sort by Type
2. Deselect All

3. Select a component and then hit Validate it will say, please select at least one component. Hitting Next will cause it to fail.

With that latest release of the toolkit and its ability to deploy nearly every custom object we have a list of about 200 components to sort through when deploying so not have these deselect all and sort abilities makes it a little more difficult.

Thanks.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 02-19-2008 02:45 PM
MarioKorfMarioKorf
Just replying to say that we're looking into this....
TehNrdTehNrd
Sounds great. Let me know if you were able to replicate this issue or if I am just going crazy. ;)

Thanks.
MarioKorfMarioKorf
We tested this and it's fixed in the next build. We are aiming for a Friday release, stay tuned.
TehNrdTehNrd
Excellent! Quick turn around.
devadasudevadasu
what is the new Force.Com IDE .can please tell the process or url.i am not syncronize force.com ide with eclipse
TehNrdTehNrd
I am still experiencing this bug:

Eclipse: 3.3.1.1
Toolkit: 12.0.1.2008.2210956

1. Deselect All
2. Sort by Type

or

1. Sort by Type
2. Deselect All
devadasudevadasu
what is the process to integrate Force.Com IDE with Eclipse for the new version
devadasudevadasu
what is the process to integrate Force.Com IDE with Eclipse for the new version
wintamutewintamute
I can confirm this bug. Same version of the toolkit, Eclipse 3.3.2.
TehNrdTehNrd
Ya, looks like the fix did not make it into the latest release. I just hope the bug didn't get marked as fixed but then it wasn't.

Any update Mario?

Thanks,
Jason
Kenji776Kenji776
Just like to report I am having the same issue.

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.2
Build id: M20080221-1800

My force IDE is

I deployed a package, it went fine. Had to go update it, made my changes saved, right clicked on the project folder, went to sforce, clicked deploy to server. Gave it info to log into my production enviroment, and then unchecked all packages except the two files I wanted to send (the trigger and the class). FYI, those files are unpackaged, don't know if that makes a different or not. Maybe I should try packaging them.
MarioKorfMarioKorf
Darn, I thought this was fixed. I logged a bug, we'll get right on it.
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
This *will* be fixed with the upcoming Force.com IDE patch release.  The date is TBD, but likely nearly the end of the month.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chris
Kenji776Kenji776
Thanks for the heads up. That will be great to be able to redelpoy packages.  Will the fix be automatic, or will we have to download something I assume?
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
The fix is in the IDE itself, so you'll need to update via Eclipse's Update Manager.  Instructions can be found on the wiki.

-Chris