function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SurjenduSurjendu 

Ajax call when one clicks a value in picklist

I have a picklist which have some leads. I want to send an AJAX request to show the details of the list when the user just clicks on any of the leads in the picklist. How do I do that?
I have seen some examples on dataTable and actionSupport but not able to figure out how do i do that with picklist? Any help will be appreciated.
mikefmikef
Surjendu

Are you referring to firing this Ajax call in an SControl?

If so this is the wrong discussion.

If you are using the SControl technology you can set an event handler on the change of the picklist.
And then call a user defined function that does your Ajax call.

If you are not talking about an SControl, and you want Salesforce.com's UI to make the Ajax call, you can't.

Please let me know what you are trying to do in more detail.

SurjenduSurjendu
Thanks for responding...

I have not used sControls. I have written a visualforce page driven by my custom controllers. And i have used selectOptions tag to render the picklist. The data for the picklist is fuelled by my controller. Now when some one clicks one of the values of the picklist I want to fire a Ajax call. How do i do that? Can i do some sort of javascript invocation onmouseclick or something....and if thats the case how do i catch the value of the which has been clicked....Hope it helps..