function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steve_andersensteve_andersen 

Deployment with new IDE just stopped working for me

I was happily using the new IDE yesterday as I created my first Apex email service. I deployed it successfully to production and the service successfully processed inbound email.

Today, I can't deploy changes I've made. In the deployment wizard, I get a null pointer error as it's trying to develop a deployment plan.

I changed my class code, but there are no errors and the tests pass, so not sure why it would be bombing like this.

Any ideas what this might be or how to troubleshoot such an error in deployment?

Thanks,

Steve
MarioKorfMarioKorf
I will check into this issue, it seems we have at least two people with similar problems. The next version of the Force.com IDE is due out any day now, this will almost certainly solve the issue.
paul-lmipaul-lmi
same here.  i deployed a class to a dev org perfectly earlier, and it was working great.  i went to copy the code for that same class to our production org, and it won't even throw an error message, it's just not saving to the org at all.
jf317820jf317820
nice.  can't wait for the new release

Message Edited by jf317820 on 02-20-2008 03:22 PM
paul-lmipaul-lmi
EDIT: OK, so I guess I was using the IDE wrong.  I figured out the deployment process, so now I have to figure out how exactly I need to test the inbound email classes.

Message Edited by paul-lmi on 02-20-2008 05:12 PM
devadasudevadasu
when the new IDE will realease
MarioKorfMarioKorf
Shooting for Friday release, but these things take time....
devadasudevadasu
When The New IDE Will Release
steve_andersensteve_andersen
A new version of the IDE was just launched.

Steve
devadasudevadasu
can u please tell the IDE or url for Force.COm IDE
paul-lmipaul-lmi
http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE