function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MazAMazA 

Creating an AppExchange App

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new to salesforce but have a limited exprience with sforce API. I like to write a small app for our company and all the articles that I see talk about it either in general or they talk about how to deploy it in salesforce. I have the following question that would really appreciate it if someone out there answered.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and need to know how to start writing this App that's executable on Salesforce.

Do I just create a web app (aspx) and if it works assume it would work on the Appexchange network? Don't I have to follow certains rules for compatibility? Am I totally off the path here? If so please provide me with some information on how to start (prefereably asp.net) .

BTW, I've already created a complete Partner Portal that's running on our server (which was easy using Salesforce API).

Thank you
Maz

saarikosaariko

Hi,

I am interested in the same. It's a shame that no one is really answering.

adamgadamg
Hi MazA:

Have you had a chance to read the Creating Apps w/AppExchange Whitepaper, or listen to the Intro to AppExchange podcast? Both provide a good background and introduction. Let us know how it goes.

Adam