function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DmuleDmule 

Time based work flow to start renewal process

Hi

I have a requirement that states the The Agency is accredited for 1 year and then they need to restart the process, the complicated thing is this must be done 35 days after the Agencies year end, and the only field I have for this is a Pick List of Months January - December. So I can not seem to understand how you can get the date of the Financial Year End from a Month (January is the Financial Year End so I need to somehow get a date of the 31 Jan 2010) then 35 days after this start the renewal process.

Thank you

EnthEnth

You need to create a Date Formula Field (e.. RenewalDate) and use the logic available to you to set when this should occur.  You can either calculate the renewal date to be when the trigger should fire, or better, when the accreditation expires as this represents real business data.

To create your formula you'll need to use something like (and this is only for reference, it isn't right!):

DATE(YEAR( TODAY() ), 
CASE(myMonth,  'January', 1,
            February, 2, 
            March, 3,
           etc)
 , 01)

You'll also need to work out your logic to calculate which year, something to test if the date is < current date then add 1 year. That should start you on the right track, once you have your date field you can simply reference it in your time trigger 35 days before. (If you want to change the above to the end of the month then I suggest pushing it forward to the first of the next month and reducing your time trigger by 1 day instead - that's much less work)