function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The Custom CloudThe Custom Cloud 

How do you group a report by Hour instead of by Day of Createddate, modified date, etc?

You can group by day, week, month, and large but I cannot figure out how to group by hour.  I thought this would be a common problem but I haven't had any luck finding anything regarding it through searches.

I know adding a formula field that calculates the hour for each record would work but I am hoping for a cleaner solution.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

How are you capturing your data?  are you using a Date/Time field?

Here's a formula to get the Hour from CreatedDate, you need to adjust the formula from GMT to your Local Time (that's what the "- 0.1667" is for)

MID (TEXT (CreatedDate - 0.1667), 12, 5)

Are you all set or do you still need help?

I am not aware of functions like the one you provided being available in reports. 

What you provided above looks like a formula field function to me.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Yes, it is a Formula Field.  To do what you're trying to do you need to create a Formula Field that with display the Time portion of CreatedDate or ModifedDate and use the custom field in your Report.

I do appreciate your help Steve but that is what I said I was trying to avoid:smileyhappy:

Sorry, it looks like that the only solution available at the moment, you might want to post something on the IdeaExchange.