function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeanSeeSeanSee 

WFR Formula AND( OR(

I'm trying to write a workflow rule formula that will allow me to check if a custom field has been changed and if one of a list of users is the account coordinator.  It seems like it should work but it's not triggering the workflow rule.  What I have now is:

AND( 
OR( 
Account_Coordinator__c = "meghan Buster", 
Account_Coordinator__c = "Sarah Isley", 
Account_Coordinator__c = "Tammy Rackard", 
Account_Coordinator__c = "Sean Carr", 
Account_Coordinator__c = "Teresa Wells" ), 
ISCHANGED( Drop_Date_Change_Description__c))

If anyone could provide some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Okay if 'Account_Coordinator__c' is a Lookup(User) field then Account_Coordinator__c = "meghan Buster" is not gonna work, because the Account_Coordinator__c field does not have " "meghan Buster" in it and it never will.  The Account_Coordinator__c field has the SFDC Record ID associated with Meghan Buster.  

You'll need to maned your Formula to evaluate the SFDC ID for each user, or go with a different formula.

All Answers

When is your WFR set to trigger?

SeanSeeSeanSee

Every time a record is edited and the formula evaluates to true

What is your Workflow Action?

SeanSeeSeanSee

To send an email alert to the opportunity owner and to a group email address.  

I basicaly need to check to see if a change was made to the drop date description field and if it was then send an email alert to the proper group email which is why I'm looking to see if the account coordinator is one of the listed users

What is the datatype of the 'Account_Coordinator__c' field?  Or those users or is it just a Text field?  

Did you Activate and Test the WFR on a record that previously did not meet the WFR criteria?

SeanSeeSeanSee

The Account_Coordinator__c field is a user lookup.  I try testing it on a new record I created in a sandbox and did not previously meet the requirements but it still do not work.  

SeanSeeSeanSee

I think that might have answered my question.  Lookup fields in WFR only work if they are master-detail correct?  That would include formulas I guess

Okay if 'Account_Coordinator__c' is a Lookup(User) field then Account_Coordinator__c = "meghan Buster" is not gonna work, because the Account_Coordinator__c field does not have " "meghan Buster" in it and it never will.  The Account_Coordinator__c field has the SFDC Record ID associated with Meghan Buster.  

You'll need to maned your Formula to evaluate the SFDC ID for each user, or go with a different formula.

This was selected as the best answer
SeanSeeSeanSee

Perfect.. Thanks!

You're welcome, you owe me a beer!

SeanSeeSeanSee

You got it.  Everything working perfectly now so first rounds on me