function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GuruScottGuruScott 

No Auto-create new opportunity?

In order to minimize the number of false opportunities and keep reports clean, i wanted to know if there was any way to customize the conversion page for lead to accounts, and specifically get rid of the automatic "create new opportunity from conversion" feature of the Convert Lead page?

Any advice on customizing conversion pages would be helpful seeing as how i have not found any way to do this so far...
Carl_V1Carl_V1

Dude,

The only way I can see you doing this is remove std convert from UI, create a custom convert button and put an s-control behind it to a) emulate the user interface with the tweaks you want and b) do the record manipulation required to convert lead and create the other records and links.... or Apex if you're up to speed as yet.

Cheers,

Carl_V

Message Edited by Carl_V1 on 12-17-2007 02:24 AM
hudini3hudini3
have you figured this out? i have gotten my custom button overriding the convert lead to default check the do not create new opp - and that is working nicely - but i'm trying to also get it to automatically attach to existing account as opposed to create new - and i'm having trouble with that.
Hudi
EliezerEliezer
I'm also interested in this.  Seems like an obvious piece of functionality that should be there.
Carl_V1Carl_V1
If you override the normal conversion process with your button, how are you handling the Account side of things? i.e. link new Contact to an existing Account if company name of lead matches OR create a new account? I would assume you'd want to be wary of a de-duplicating headache if assuming new Company for each Lead?