function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdminNewbieAdminNewbie 

Commission Formula Hell!

Ok, so I am a complete newbie to salesforce, started using as an administrator in early December.  I have managed setup until this point.

I have been asked by my boss to convert our extensive commission table into a formula so that sales reps can keep track of their commission on each opportunity and also as a grand total.  The commission table is fairly complicated with commission rate (%) changing for every $200 increase (or part thereof) in MRR (monthly recurring revenue) from $800 to $3000 and then by every $500 increase (or part thereof) from $3500 to $5000 and finally by every $1000 increase (or part thereof) after $5000!

Example:
(Com. = commission)

Installed MRR    Incremental MRR     Com. Multiplier    Incremental Com.    Total Com.
$800                       0                           0%                        0                              0
$1,000                   $200                     125%                    $250                         $250
$1,200                   $200                     150%                    $300                         $550
$1,400                   $200                     175%                    $350                         $900

The table goes on with different incremental MRR changes and commissions.

I am having to transfer this data into a mathmatical formula first, I assume, and then put it into a formula for salesforce, is this correct?

How would I write the formula with all these changes, it just seems very confusing??

Thanks for any help or encouragement, I really need it :)