function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshinnmshinn 

Odd Report Build

We are using Professional Edition.

I am attempting to perform a calculation to show what percentage a particular user is at for the current quarter of meeting their sales quote and their "quote quota".  We require our salespeople to generate and deliver a certain amount ($$) in quotes per year as well as a certain sales quota.  Each salesperson has a different quota.

I've added a custom field on each User Page for each quota goal (there is one for each quarter per rep, so a Q1 Quote Quota, Q2 Quote Quota, Q3... and so on).  I also have a report which calculates the total amount they have quoted in the Current FY.

What I am having trouble doing is now developing the executive report for the dashboard which shows each rep's progression YTD and QTD showing (1) How much they've quoted; (2) What their Quote Quota is for that quarter; (3) What percentage of their quota they have already determined. 

I am trying to add a custom formula to calculate that for me, but I cannot see how to do it with a report and I wouldn't know how to do a custom formula in a custom field that references the SUM of a report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Fair warning, I might explode if the answer starts with, "well, if you had Enterprise Edition".  Thank you!
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot
Have you tried a custom summary formula? You could likely get the sums/percentages that you are looking for in a report using custom summary formulas. However, I don't know if those custom summary formulas can then be displayed on a dashboard element... I've never tried that.
mshinnmshinn
See, that is where my inexperience with SF begins to set in.  Where would I do a custom summary formula?  I am not seeing any section of a report that allows me to input a formula.  Is this a hinderance of Professional Edition, maybe?
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

Custom summary formulas are at the very bottom of the page on "Step 2 of 7" in the report wizard when you are building a Summary or a Matrix report (not available on a Tabular report).

I don't have Pro Edition, but Help and Training indicates that custom summary formulas are available in all editions.

https://na2.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=building_custom_summary_formulas.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title

mshinnmshinn
wow - right under my eyes and I didn't even see it.  Thank you so much!
tjdupestjdupes

I have an issue displaying a percent on a dashboard.  Very similar to comments in this post. 

I have a custom report formula to calculate a percent.  I need to display this on a dashboard, but it seems to be defaulting to record count.  Have you been able to determine if you're able to display custom report formulas on a dashboard.  IF not, do you happen to know a work around?