function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshinnmshinn 

Custom Date Field Month

I have created a custom field which is for a date on an opportunity record.  This records the date that a user issues a quote to a client.  I'd like to be able to now report on the total $$$ quoted per month, but it appears as if the only way to do that is by the actual date.  So, for example, if I want to report all of the quote amounts for the month of January, the only way I can get the numbers to appear is by listing each individual quote and the amount on the report.  Is there a way to just report on the monthly total per user?

A particular user could send out 10 quotes in a month.  When building a quarterly report, this could come out to be 150 different dates and amounts... 50 per month.  If I can summarize all 50 of them as 1 amount per user for the given month, that is what I am looking to do.

I know that I can do this for Closed business because there is a "Close Date Month" option for a formula.  Is this possible to also apply to a custom date field, i.e. "Quote Date Month"?
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot
In a summary or matrix report, when you summarize by a date field (step 3 in the wizard), there is a dropdown menu that allows you to "group dates by" week, month, quarter, year, etc.