function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PRIMACKPRIMACK 

WEB TO LEAD: HOW TO IDENTIFY TARGET ACCOUNTS VS OTHERS?

Hello

I am new to SF as we are currently in the implementation phase. I have a process issue and was wondering if anyone could provide any help/feedback:
Per our process, all web inquiries will be assigned to a queue. The person managing the queue will visually cross reference each inquiry with our target account list in order to identify which unqualified leads are a priority. Target accounts and subs of target accounts will justify a full lead qualification telemarketing process, other smaller leads will eventually be assigned to resellers without any qualification from our HQ.  That is our process in a nutshell.

My question is: is there any technical way to replace this visual and time consuming cross reference between the lead and our target account list with some type of programming/automation?
Imagine we have all the information we need (company name, address, even duns number). Couldn't this be done?

anyone ever run into this issue before and found a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance  
cpierrecpierre

We use Campaigns to manage this.  However,due the limitations of loading Campaigns members in SalesForce we decided to buid a child object called "Target Accounts"  & relate it to Campaigns.  

We created a new record type in Campaings for these (target)

So we have the Master object Campaign,  its record type is target  and the child object called "Target Accounts"  which is added as a related list. We load the target accounts in the child object (using data loader)

Then the leads...

We run automated checks at the website level when the lead is submitted. Is this a target account? - Look in Campaigns.

The lead is then created (web-to-lead) and again we use a record type in lead to differentiate between what is target and what is not. You can then build assignment rules to distribute these based on your policy.

This is the short of it. Hope it makes some sense and helps.

PRIMACKPRIMACK
Thank you for your reply. I am new to SF and don't really understand the principle but I passed it on to our team who might understand better.
Thank you again for the help.
Sylvie
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

It would appear that the key phrase in cpierre's response is "We run automated checks at the website level".

cpierre, can we get any more details on that? Thanks!

cpierrecpierre

At the website/portal level where inquiries/leads are entered -  at the point of click to submit we use use an API call to check if that Account is a member of our custom target list in Campaigns.

More information on API Calls can be found here http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/sforce70/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=sforce_API_other_compression.html