function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarmandeepHarmandeep 

Force IDE Installation issue with Eclipse 3.3.X

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

I am facing issues in installation of Force IDE for Eclipse. Please note the details of installed Java, Eclipse and Force IDE.

- Java: 1.5.0-b64

- Eclipse Version: 3.3.0

- Force IDE 13.0..200806130415

The issue is the Plug-in installs well and I can even open the Force.com Prospective. But when I try to create a Force.com Project it throws an error:

Unable to load applicaiton context

Unable to load bean factory from /config/application-context.xml: Error creating bean with name 'customObjectMetadata' defined in class path resource [config/components.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'util:constant#1b7f97b' of type [org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean] while setting bean property 'sharingModel'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'util:constant#1b7f97b': Post-processing of the FactoryBean's object failed; nested exception is java.lang.StackOverflowError

Your help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Harmandeep

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
HarmandeepHarmandeep
Shifting to JDK 1.6 has resolved the issue for me. Not sure why it is not working with JDK 1.5 though it is the recommended JDK version.

Cheers,

Harmandeep

All Answers

JonPJonP
Which build of Eclipse did you install?  Was it Eclipse for Java Developers, or a different one?

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're using Eclipse 3.3.0 rather than a 3.3.2?
HarmandeepHarmandeep
I have shifted to Eclipse 3.3.2. But I am still facing the same issue.
LimenitisLimenitis

Hi all ,

Can you please help me out for the following issue..

See i have Created a Force.com IDE in my Eclipse environment 3.3, now i am able to extract the data through the userid and password but not able to move it to a text file , is there any possibility to achieve this task , please let me know it any...

Seeking your reply soon

thanks ,

Sharma ramanathan 

JonPJonP
What do you mean by "extract the data...but not...move it to a text file"?  Are you perhaps trying to use the Schema Browser to run a query and export the query results to a text file?

If so, you should know that the Force.com IDE is designed for developing applications on the Force.com platform.  The Schema Browser (salesforce.schema) feature is provided to aid in development tasks by allowing you to quickly determine object and field names, and to test SOQL queries. It is not a data extraction/manipulation tool.

To extract data from your Salesforce organization, I suggest the Data Loader, available for download from Setup | Data Management | Data Loader.  Also see http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Data_Loader.
benwrigleybenwrigley
Hi There,

Did you manage to solve this problem as I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

Ben
HarmandeepHarmandeep
Shifting to JDK 1.6 has resolved the issue for me. Not sure why it is not working with JDK 1.5 though it is the recommended JDK version.

Cheers,

Harmandeep
This was selected as the best answer
benwrigleybenwrigley
Hi There,

I'm not sure if you had the same problem as me, but it seems that for Force.com to work, it *must* be sun's JDK as any of the others fail with issues.

My solution is listed here.

Ben

Message Edited by benwrigley on 10-13-2008 01:12 AM