function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venturecventurec 

Salesforce Apex Documentation is probably the worst I've seen as a support document.

Looking for other resources that would lay out the structure of Apex, the syntax and the rules that govern execution.

I have found the Apex documentation to be less than satisfactory, and more of a dart board approach to documenting their product.

My hope is that I will find some better resources on building Apex Classes, utilizing Maps, Sets and Lists and what their purpose is.

Also, the SF Apex documentation is seriously lacking examples in writing testMethods.

Unsure who designed the document structure and how they were able to get away with this, but they need to know their structure is less than satisfactory and I am unable to piece together simple triggers using their documents.

• Need more examples.
  • Need better explanations and what the purpose of each element is.
  • Better heirarchical structure in their documents with Higher Level Categories that funnel down to each items unique Attributes, Methods, Properties, etc.

If anyone has anything else, other than Salesforce, let me know.

Thanks.
RickyGRickyG
venturec -

You might want to check out the new Developer Guide, which includes a pretty structured overview of Apex.  You can get it as a part of the Developer library here.

The chapters there are not really example heavy, but they should get you pointed in the right direction.

Hope this helps.
tmatthiesentmatthiesen
Take a look at:
this article: An Introduction to Apex

Message Edited by Jon Mountjoy_ on 11-20-2008 12:26 PM
Andrea LeszekAndrea Leszek
venturec -

I'm truly sorry you are having a bad experience with the Apex documentation. I manage the Technical Documentation team at salesforce.com, and we do value your feedback. We are actively working on all of the suggestions you've posted. In addition, if you have other specific feedback, every one of our developer guides includes a feedback form that you can use to send your suggestions directly to us. I personally review every piece of feedback we get, and we're always working to improve our documentation based on that feedback.