function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RRESRRES 

Disable access to application through license manager

Can I use license manager to manage the subscription and trial of a native salesforce.com application I've built? The bulk of the application is an s-control so I'd want to prevent access to the s-control if the user does not activate their subscription. Is this possible?

I was attempting to manage licensing internally but because the product is an s-control I was forced to enable cross domain scripting in order to write back subscription information to my server. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.
dburkidburki
I am the Product Manager of the License Management App. We are working on this feature to allow partners to control their licenses (how many users can use the app and for what duration) and are planning to release this feature in early 2008.
poulpoul
I can tell you that we've been using some other software for a while which we've been quite happy with: LM-X License Manager from http://www.x-formation.com.
I believe it can be intergrated together... although I'm not into the technical details.

It might be worth looking into as an alternative.

Good Luck!

Poul