function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
petyrc123petyrc123 

Error Message with Mass Update Opportunity App

Installed "Mass Update Opportunity" app recently. However reps are getting the following error message whenever they try to update to  "Best Case" or "Commit" under the forecast category.

Use to be a good app. It now appears the updating forecast field is broken. I always get the error message...."Forecast Category: bad value for restricted picklist field:" when I pick the "Best Case" or "Commit" forecast category.

Error Message: 

Forecast Category: bad value for restricted picklist field: Best Case
Forecast Category: bad value for restricted picklist field: Commit

Can't figure what the problem is or how to fix it.

Ron HessRon Hess
I checked in my development org and this app appears to work for me.  I have not made any changes in these picklists since it was created.  Is it possible that these picklist values have been changed in your org?

Perhaps the forecast category is tied to the stage by a sales process ?
Are you using record types and sales processes on your opportunities?

I'm not sure what else could have changed.

Sorry that i don't have any specific suggestions, it appears from a quick read that setting the stage controls the forecast category in many cases.  Perhaps the forecast category should not be edtiable?

If you change the stage, does the forecast category change?
petyrc123petyrc123

Ron,

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions. Yes, I'm using sales processes, record types though they are exactly the same. The forecast field is editable because we want sales reps to be able to edit the forecast category from the "Mass Update" app.

I've installed the Mass Update Opportunity app in my developer account and even enrolled in a second developer account to make sure I was using the standard "out of the box" confirguration SFDC provides and still got the same error message.  I also ran the app in my three seperate accounts on three different computers which three different browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) and got the same results.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one because the error message "Error from Update: Forecast Category: bad value for restricted picklist field: Commit" just doesn't make sense to me.

One other tide bit of information, that may help troubleshoot this issue.  If I select "Commit" or "Best Case" in the actual opportunity record, it shows up as "Omitted" in the "Mass Update Opportunity" app.  Very strange. 

riwilkesriwilkes
I'm having exactly the same errors using this app.  I would also like to know if it is possible to change the currency and date setting to suit the United Kingdom.
SharifSharif
Ron

I am also having the same probelm with trying to select commit or best case. comes back with the same error message and i cant figure out why.. also is there any way of displaying the date in EU format as opposed to US? and is there any way of displaying the amount in a diffrent currency. i would like to see my amount in GBP(£) not USD($)
this would be a massively useful application if i could get it to work, and would save our sales guys so much time.

could the error message that myself and other users have encountered have something to do with the region we are in?..(i.e europe?)

many thanks and i look forward to your responce.