function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
khawkinskhawkins 

Salesforce Labs: Property Management CUSTOM APP PROBLEM

I am unable to Clone Rentals, a custom object from the Property management app.  Can I change that?  How do I make a custom button that will clone? 

Also, there is a master-child relationship between Property and Rentals.  Once that relationship is saved, I can't change it.  I can't "unrelate" Property A and Rental A in order to relate Rental A with Property B.  I don't understand why- you can change Contact Owners, Accounts and other lookup relationships...

This is a huge headache when a customer wants to switch from one rental unit to the other.  We have to recreate the entire rental.  (B/c we also can't clone rentals.)

Anyone familiar with this problem? Please advise.
khawkinskhawkins

Clone problem solved. Memory lapse- checked the standard buttons in the page layout... once that is turned on, the button does indeed appear.  Still wondering about the lookup field though...

I should probably be looking for a discussion board on Salesforce for Blunderers, rather than on a developer board... but this is where the app help page sent me. 

bm5298bm5298
Did you figure out how to re-associate Rental A from Property A to Property B?  I have a similar need!

Thanks.