function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GabeGabe 

Case Detachifier: used to run fine, now can't install after OS reinstall

I recently reinstalled my OS and just tried to reinstall Case Detachifier again. I can download it just fine , and it looks like it’s installing (goes through the wizard, select my language, etc.), but then nothing happens and the app doesn’t seem to be installed (no desktop icon, program group, etc.).

I only see stuff related to the Outlook plugin here:
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com

And when I go to Start -> All Programs -> salesforce.com, only the Outlook Edition is there.

My registry only has "SM" folder under the salesforce.com entry, which I believe is related to the Outlook Edition, too.

Any ideas?

I’m on Windows XP SP2 (Media Center Edition).

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf
Gabe,

Please ensure that you have the .net framework 2.0 installed.  You can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
GabeGabe
Thanks, werewolf. I actually do have it (and .NET 3.0) installed. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
bilal.ahmad4bilal.ahmad4
I am running into the same problem. The version availalbe off AppExchange, instead of installing the case detachifier, it installs the Sales Outlook Edition 3.2.
GabeGabe
 I got around this issue by downloading the self-running version of Case Detachifier directly from the developer's site. I just emailed him to see if he wants to share the URL.
bilal.ahmad4bilal.ahmad4
Yes, please let me know. I really appreciate the help. Also, could you link me to the developer's site? How did you come across it?
GabeGabe
I helped out with some early debugging, so I've been in touch with him via email. I've already emailed him to alert him to this thread. I don't want to post the link without his permission (or perhaps he'll post himself).
werewolfwerewolf
The .exe file is self-contained, so provided you have the .net framework 2.0 you should just be able to run it directly.  You can download it at:

http://www.xifier.com/Detachifier.exe

I'll look into those installer issues to see if I can get that fixed.  Some of the info in this thread may have tipped me off to what the issue is.  Thanks.
bilal.ahmad4bilal.ahmad4
That one worked. Thanks
learnSFlearnSF

Hi,

I downloaded this app and able to login, when it running and trying to get list email attachment,I got error says :The operation has time out" error and its not detaching attachment with email.

Could you please tell me where I m doing wrong? or How I can overcome this problem?

MKForceMKForce
the detachment used to work times and last time i used it , stopped in the middle, and since then stopped working altogether
i can see it go through until the "Backing up attachments..."message and nothing happens. I have checked the FTP and the link to the place holder and it is all working and connecting fine.

What can this be?
werewolfwerewolf
Well, that's perplexing.  If you manually FTP a file to that FTP directory does it work?
MKForceMKForce
I found out the problem today:
The Ftp site was almost full , so some times it would download / upload a few attachments then fail to copy since it become full again.
after releasing some space on the FTP disk the Detachifier worked perfectly again,

Thanks

GabeGabe
Hi There-

New problem: I just switched my target FTP server for Case Detachifier from a Windows/IIS box to a Linux/Apache box. On the new box, I can login just fine, and many files appear to be transferred to the server.

However, there seem to be 2 problems:

1. A number of files are giving this error: 

• Unable to save attachment (file name). This attachment will not be removed. The specific error is: The remote server returned on error: (503) Bad sequence of commands.

2. When I copy the case number from one of the attachments in the file name on the new server and look for the associated case, I find the attachment in question, but it's still in salesforce.com and hasn't been moved to my Linux box - even though I have the option in Detachifier enabled to create the placeholder link (with updated URL).
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gabe