function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
md1md1 

Identifying a customer org from the License Management App

Hi,

I've installed the LMA and it is functional. Problem is that I want to use the License object in my LMO org to identify my customer org using the API, but there doesn't seem to be any object or field on the customer org with which I can relate back to the license.

Is there a way to do this? The idea is that I have a webtab from which I want to identify which customer is accessing my application so that I can provide the relevant information for that org. If only the OrgId or similar information was available in the License, I'd be able to get it.

The LMA documentation says that a License gets 'installed' on the customer org, but as far as I could try, there's no access to this too.

This is urgent so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Manu
dburkidburki
Hi,

When the license record is created in the LMA, a Lead Record is also created. In the Lead Record, the "Company" field contains the name of the customer org.

- Dileep
md1md1
Dilip,

Thanks for that and we're aaware of the same, but that doesn't help identify duplicates - the Company field could have the same name twice - that's the problem we face.

Regards,

-Manu
dburkidburki
At this moment, I am not aware of any other solutions. You could perhaps append "customer org name" and "license id" to get a unique identifier, but I don't know of any other option at this moment.