function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mjgallagmjgallag 

AppExchange Pricing

Hi,

Its probably right under my nose, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding info on AppExchange pricing. Could someone please point me to the right place to find answers to the questions like the following:

Does Salesforce.com handle billing customers for my app or do I have to handle billing?
What is Salesforce.com's cut of the action?

Thanks a lot,
Mike
adamgadamg
Listing on the AppExchange is free, save for the $5000 certification fee (for commercial non-native apps.)

You handle the billing; your customers need to have either a seat of our CRM or platform service.
mjgallagmjgallag
Thanks!
mjgallagmjgallag
Hey Adam,

Sorry, I should have asked one more question before thanking you :)

Lets say I develop an app that includes an S-Control which uses the AJAX Toolkit to provide autocomplete functionality. Is it the case that this would limit my app market to unlimited & enterprise users? If this is the case I'm sure I could probably devise a programmatic method of having the app simply gracefully leave out the automcomplete feature if a user of group or pro installs my app. I definitely wouldn't want to limit the size of my customer base for such a non critical feature.

The above discussion leads to two simple questions in this space:

1) Does my app have to live within the constraints of the installed user's edition? (regarding access to Apex Code, Metadata API, AJAX Toolkit etc...)

2) Is there anyway for me to test my app in each of the editions to ensure it works probably given the differing constraints of each edition?

Thanks a lot,
Mike
GregCGregC
Mike,

To answer your question, in the large scope of things, yes whatever your app does that requires dependencies is recorded and enforced. For example if you have record types in your app or require API access that eliminates PE from your target market. When you upload a package it records all of the dependencies on org shapes, so for example if your app uses multi-currency, divisions, territory management, or any of the special permissons or preferences in an org that will be recorded on upload and then attached to your package. If a potential customer wants to install your package, on install it will check edition limits and these other dependencies. So if the subscriber org does not have divisions enabled and your package requires it, the subscriber org can not install the package until they enable divisions.

In the Spring 08 release when you create a package there is a button called "show dependencies" that will show you what your package is dependent on and why.

In addition when you upload the package it will also show you the dependencies and allow you to add any others manually.