function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kenji776Kenji776 

Cannot update my Apex Triggers

Hello all,
I just wrote my first Apex trigger, and deployed it to production. Now I need to make a change to it, but I cannot seem to convince eclipes that overwritting is a valid action. I changed my trigger, saved it, selected the class and the trigger from the list of things to update, and it keeps telling me "Please select at least one component to be deployed".

Can somebody please help, I desperatly need to disable one part of my trigger, or the whole thing, but I can't modify it at all! HELP!
Kenji776Kenji776
Hey all,
I solved my problem.
All I had to do was add my production system as a project, find the offending trigger and comment out the lines needed, then right click on it and click save to server, so I didn't have to redeploy it.
DeniseMDeniseM

I get the same "select components to deploy" error on all APEX code - s-controls etc. will not trigger the error.

I need to deploy my APEX classes but can't.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I upgraded to the latest IDE today but still no joy.

thanks in advance

Kenji776Kenji776
Now I'm having another problem.
When I try and save it, it says I have a "dirty save resource" and it refuses to save to the server. Great, now I cannot change my production trigger at all. It's totally jacked, and there is nothing I can do. Anybody heard of this before?
DeniseMDeniseM

As far as I'm aware, you can't save code directly to Production, you have to deploy.

Guess that's why you get the "dirty save resource" message

Kenji776Kenji776
But you can't deploy something that has been already deployed, because it gives you the original error I reported in this thread. It seems like a catch 22, can't save directly to server, and can't deploy code that has already been deployed. You can't win! Once you deploy code once, that's it, you can't ever fix it?!
DeniseMDeniseM

well...you're doing better than me because I haven't managed to get anything to deploy yet because of the "select component" error message

I checked with a colleague last night and he could deploy under exactly the same conditions as me. He had an older version of the IDE - last 4 digits 1537. We think that may be the issue but can't get any confirmation.

Can you check your version?

Kenji776Kenji776
My version info:

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.2
Build id: M20080221-1800
DeniseMDeniseM

what about Force IDE?

Under Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration

Kenji776Kenji776
My force IDE is
Man, thats a crazy long version number.
Seems excessive
DeniseMDeniseM

same as mine.

I'd like to roll-back to the version my colleague has but can't see how to.

Found another thread on this:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&thread.id=2893&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
This will be fixed with the upcoming Force.com IDE patch release.  The date is TBD, but likely nearly the end of the month.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chris