function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jenell_LJenell_L 

How to create custom button & form

My company has what we call "Call Reports" it is a group of custom fields on my opportunity page which sends an email out when first filled out. The problem I have is that there are times when a subsequent "call report" needs to be sent out for the same opportunity. Right now I have them creating an additional opportunity and closing it, but that's messy on the pipeline.

So what I'm thinking is of a custom button on my opportunity, and that custom button takes me to a custom form which logs an activity.

It's essentially recreating the log a call button with different fields.

Any ideas on where i should start?
CRMsimpleCRMsimple
You can use this as a foundation:

Here are two custom buttons for logging activities instead of using “Log A Call”

Here is code for two custom buttons. One is to be used on the Account page layout and the other on the Contact page layout.

For the Account page - /00T/e?title=Enter Activity Subject Here&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Enter Activity Subject Here&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}

1. Create a custom button at Task Buttons and Links and Label it "Log Activity" or whatever you'd like the button label to be.
2. Name should be Log_Account_Activity
3. Display Type should be List Button
4. Behavior should be Display in existing window without sidebar or header
5. Content Source should be URL
Copy the above code and paste it into the text box and click save.

For the Contact page - /00T/e?who_id={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Enter Activity Subject Here&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

Repeat steps above except for step 2. Name should be Log_Contact_Activity

When you're done here you'll need to add these to your Account and Contact page layouts by editing the page layout and double-clicking the Activity History and Open Activities in the Related Lists section and then selecting the appropriate button. Deselect the Log A Call button if you don't want it to appear in the activity section.

Jenell_LJenell_L
I'm just getting back around to this and got the buttons created, but am curious how to direct the link to a custom page layout instead of the default task form?
CRMsimpleCRMsimple

You'll need to copy the URL  that you see when you create one of the custom object records and customize it to work with your button.

If you want, click new to create one of the custom object records that you're referring to and copy the URL and paste it into a response to this post and send it to me - I can try to work it out for you.