function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion

Workflow rules broken after Summer'08 Release

After the Summer'08 Release, our Support team contacted me and notified me that they were no longer getting an eMail notification when a case was added to the Tech Support Queue.
Here are some quirks about our implementation:
While we have multiple queues for different functional areas (tier 1 support, tier 2 support, engineering, etc.), we don't have the "Send Email to Members" check box enabled for these queues.  Instead, we use workflow rules to notify individuals when a new record has been added to a queue.
REASON:  When you use the "Send Email to Members" feature, every member of the queue gets an email when a case is added, when a comment is added to a case in the queue, when an attachement is added to a case in the queue, etc.  This was creating far to much spam to my users.  They just want an eMail when a case is added to the queue.  Fair enough, easy to disable and implement mail notification via workflow
Something changed in Summer'08, however, because since Saturday, we haven't been getting notified when something is added to the queue.  This is the Workflow Rule:
Evaluation Criteria: Every time a record is created or edited
Rule Criteria: (Case:Case Owner) equals "Tech Support Queue"
The idea is that whenever a case is reassigned back to the queue (Case Owner changed to "Queue: Tech Support Queue"), this would trigger the workflow rule, when then sends an eMail template.  For the past 18 months, that's been working great. 
Since Saturday, although we have assigned dozens of records to the queue, they aren't being evaluated by the workflow rule.  With some testing, we found that the workflow rule is being triggered when the record is updated, but rule criteria isn't being evaluated properly.  For instance, if I change the rule criteria to be (Case: Case Owner) equals "<my user name>", the workflow rule works when I am assigning a case back into the TSE queue.  So the trigger occurs because the record is being updated, but the evaluation is against the pre-update value of the Case Owner field.
Our workflow rules broke after summer '08.  We have an outbound SOAP message configured and when I edited it and tried to save it I got a validation error saying I must complete all required fields, even though they were all filled in.
So I cloned the workflow action and it mysteriously started to work again.
Something seems afoul but I don't feel like wasting my time troubleshooting this w/Salesforce.