function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GeorgeTrommelenGeorgeTrommelen 

News or blog with in Salesforce as a Tab

Hello,

Does anybody has experience or can anybody tell me if it is possible to create within the normal SFDC user surrounding an extra Tab with the latest news posted by the Admins?
This because we are still devellopping the tool to match our business and we have allmost every day an update which we need to communicate.

Regards and thanks,

George
PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi George,

I am sure there are many ways to do this, but here are two of them

1. If you are comfortable with HTML, you can write up what you want in HTML and then take the HTML and paste it into an S-Control. You can then a create custom tab and have it point to the S-Control.

2. If you are comfortable with HTML, you can write up what you want in HTML and then take the HTML and paste it into a Home Page Custom Component (Setup > App Setup > Home > Home Page Components). You can have the custom component appear on the Home Page so when users log in, the first thing they see is your news.

Good Luck!

Eric

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your input.

I think it is going to be the first option.

Regards,
George
msilbermsilber
There is an excellent AppExchange application that does exactly what you are looking for -- we use in numerous instances and it works great!

http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000004YkfDAAS

It's called Home Tab Messaging by Interactive Ties, LLC.
JohanLiljegrenJohanLiljegren
I agree with msilber.
Home Tab Messaging is awesome for admins and user friendly to end-users.
It has some quirks, but to that price, it's a steal.

Admins (or whoever you allow to) can write messages using a similar editor as on this site. You can insert links, images etc. Then you decide which profiles should see the message, from what date and whether or not it expires.
End-users see these on the home page and can, when read, hide them.

So, in short, go get it. You won't be disappointed. =)
Thank you all.