function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AutobatAutobat 

Windows style error messages..... unknown error in unknown

Hey Guys,

This one has just popped up on a clients org when running test classes, im frantically searching through the config to make sure no one has change something to unique but i havent found anything yet, any ideas?

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
craskulineczcraskulinecz
I just got word that this error has been fixed for all SFDC instances.

Here is the response from support:

Chris,

This issue has been resolved. You should no longer be seeing this issue in any or your Salesforce orgs, Production or Sandbox. Please let me know if you encounter this issue again, but R&D just gave me the "All Clear" on this issue so it should not come up again. The fix is for all SFDC orgs. It should not just be limited to your orgs.

Thanks,
Aaron

All Answers

EvanCEvanC

I am having the same problem, just starting this afternoon.  Every test gives this error when trying to create a test record.

Help!

AutobatAutobat
Yep that's the same, I wonder whats causing it?  Currently happening on EMEA and CS2 for me but i havent tested any other instances yet, anyone else seeing it?
Mikron AdminMikron Admin

I too I am experiencing the same problem.

Previously working TestCases are now broken by this error

lopezclopezc

Hi

Did you manage to solve this error? I am getting in when trying to insert a lead in a test method

AutobatAutobat
Something tells me that this wont be fixed by us
Message Edited by Autobat on 02-26-2009 02:32 AM
APS_RajAPS_Raj
We are also getting the same problem with the test methods. Please let us know if you have any solution for this.It is very critical for us.
raorao
We are also getting the same error from this afternoon.  Let me know if anybody solve this problem.
JeremyTClineJeremyTCline
Same error here starting today.  Nothing has changed for sure on my end.  I'll send it to premier support and let you guys know, but surely they will have it fixed soon if nobody can edit their triggers.
jhennyjhenny
Seeing this as well for the first time on CS2 & NA5...
JEndoJEndo

Yup, same here, on CS2 and NA3.

jhennyjhenny

Please see response from support:

Thank you for your inquiry.  This error is the result of a bug that incorrectly uses an autonumber field.  While we do not provide guaranteed timelines for bug fixes, this is expected to be fixed within the coming week.  In the meantime, avoid using the DML insert statement in test methods.  One workaround would be to query data and perform an update.  Test methods do not commit data, so the update will not actually affect the queried data.

gjsgjs

We apologize for this regression. If this is critical (you need a fix in minutes, not hours), please log a case with support asking them to link it to bug 230025.  We can manually provision an org perm to workaround the issue. We are working on a systemic fix for all orgs right now.

craskulineczcraskulinecz
We're also getting the error on NA1 and CS2
craskulineczcraskulinecz
I just got word that this error has been fixed for all SFDC instances.

Here is the response from support:

Chris,

This issue has been resolved. You should no longer be seeing this issue in any or your Salesforce orgs, Production or Sandbox. Please let me know if you encounter this issue again, but R&D just gave me the "All Clear" on this issue so it should not come up again. The fix is for all SFDC orgs. It should not just be limited to your orgs.

Thanks,
Aaron

This was selected as the best answer
AutobatAutobat
Thanks for the update
lucena69lucena69

I'm still seeing this on CS2.

After creating a Campaign via the API and I'm getting the:

duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

When trying to create a CampaignMemberStatus for that Campaign.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-John

craskulineczcraskulinecz

If you've recently refreshed your sandbox after having them apply the patch metioned above, my guess is you will have to have them reapply the patch to your new copy of the sandbox. I noticed that I ran into the same problem right after refreshing our sandbox. I haven't called support to have them reapply the patch but I suspect that is the problem.

JDevJDev
Same problem in new sandbox on Spring 10 CS1 - upsert fails on test class on single row with matching external id error is duplciate value on the very field the upsert is supposed to match on.