function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
markoulakismarkoulakis 

Validation rule help

I need to create a validation rule that will make our custom lookup field called "Focus Promotion" required when the picklist values chosen on the custom field called "Task Sub Objective" are "Sell Retail Promotion", Sell Color Promotion", or Sell Stylist Promotion".

Do i ned to create 3 separate validation rules or can I accomplish this in 1 validation rule??  Any insight on this would be greatly apprecaited!

Marie

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Here you go:

AND(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Retail Promotion"),
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Color Promotion"),
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Stylist Promotion")),
ISBLANK(Focus Promotion__c ))

PS.  You owe me a beer! 

All Answers

You just need 1

Here you go:

AND(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Retail Promotion"),
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Color Promotion"),
ISPICKVAL(Task_Sub_Objective__c, "Sell Stylist Promotion")),
ISBLANK(Focus Promotion__c ))

PS.  You owe me a beer! 

This was selected as the best answer
markoulakismarkoulakis

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!  This did it!  Let me know where to send that beer to!  ;-)

No problem, I like to drink these -> http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/7971

markoulakismarkoulakis

This beer sounds YUMMY!!  I love IPAs so I need to try this for sure! 

If you're going to DF11 you can buy me one.  

Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find it outside of NoCal.  The only times that I've had it was out in San Fran for the Dreamforce Conference, and last year @EricaKuhl from Salesforce smuggled me a 6-Pack 

markoulakismarkoulakis

Sadly, I wont make it to DF'11.  Am a consultant and company I am contracted with isn't sending me and I can't justify paying out of pocket this year.  But will try to get there next year for sure and will get you that beer  (or 2 or 3 or 4...;-)  that I owe ya!

The Pliny alone is worth the trip...  

This was me packing for the trip home from DF'10, and yes those are dirty socks wrapped around each bottle. 

markoulakismarkoulakis

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to make sure those babies make it home safe and sound, right!??!?!  lol

I did the same thing with a few bottles of wine last yr!

Yeah, luckliy the DF10 sawg included a Laptop bag (which conveniently held 9 Plinys)  and a buddy of mine tipped me off before the trip to Fed-Ex or UPS all my dirty clothes home to clear out extra room/weight for beer/wine in my checked baggage.