function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erich.WeihrauchErich.Weihrauch 

Change all public comments to internal?

Is there a formula or custom control, something that can be used to quickly parse through all existing cases and change any public comments into internal ones?
jpizzalajpizzala
Using Mass Update Anything, do the following:
  1. Query: "Select Id, IsPublished From CaseComment"
  2. Select "IsPublished" as the field to mass fill
  3. Select "true" as the value
  4. Click "Mass Fill"
  5. Click "Save"
And you're done!  No code necessary!
Ok, I've run into a small problem...my company's account is a Professional one.
I tried signing up for the developer account freebie but I can't seem to associate my existing username and password with it....so what do I do now?
Gemini@WorkGemini@Work
Upgrade.  :smileyvery-happy:
Unfortunately thats not an option.  My company is not about to spring for an upgrade simply for this one item. We'd have no further use for the upgrade either at this point so its not a good investment.
Gemini@WorkGemini@Work

When creating a developer account, you will need to use a unique username -- different from the Username you provide when you log into your Professional user account (if the user names were not unique, SFDC wouldn't know which account you are logging into).

I suggest creating a developer account with a different mail alias.  Subscribe to a gmail, and use that mail alias for your developer account.  Read more...

The only problem though is that the cases I need to change are sitting in the Pro account, and I can't get at them from the dev account.  So that sorta defeats the purpose.
Gemini@WorkGemini@Work
Sorry -- no more rabbits up my sleeve.  Good luck!
rpr2rpr2
Erich,

You should be able to do this with the Excel Connector, and there is a version available for Profession Edition.  Here's a link to information on Excel Connector:  http://blogs.salesforce.com/features/2006/05/excel_connector.html

Rhonda
Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:
Perfection!!
I was able to fully update all of my cases with public comments, and set them as unpublished!
rpr2rpr2

Glad to hear that this worked out for you.

Rhonda