function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF@SiemensSF@Siemens 

Send Email from Workflow Rule to Contact Role

Hello,

As you all are probably aware, you can send an email alert (in a workflow rule) to a sales team role.  I was wondering if there was a possibility to be able to send to a contact role?
SF@SiemensSF@Siemens

Just wanted to add another option (also to see if possible)....

Is there a way to send to an Opportunity field in a workflow rule?  In other words, instead of typing a custom email address, could you simply say "send to: {!Contact.Email}" ?

Thanks for any help,

jisaacjisaac
I am interested in this as well. We want to notify the Primary Contact on an Opp when the opportunity has been marked as Closed Won.
NikiVNikiV
This is similar to a post I made here, using a trigger to populate a custom Contact field on the Opportunity record, making it available in the workflow alerts "related Contacts" list.

Niki
www.vankerksolutions.com for your SFDC Consulting needs
abstractjabstractj

NikiV the post was removed. Can you please elaborate? We currently have Contact Roles in our Opp. record, however I'm sort of stuck on the "related Contacts" list. How can I generated the related Contacts dropdown in Workflow? Please advise. Thanks.

Dmitri at hisoftDmitri at hisoft

Try appextensions program

http://www.hisoft.com/sfdcappextensions

ojobsonojobson

The aforementioned app won't work in our version of Salesforce - anyone got any bright ideas that won't cost the earth? I really would like to role out a program of customer communication that is fired off from a closed/won opportunity.

David AshworthDavid Ashworth

Has anyone provided an answer to this offline?  I am also trying to send out an automated receipt for donations closed and would like to send it to a Contact Role.

Thanks much,

David

Bindaas Social Ventures

MOrtizMOrtiz

I am really  interested in this as well. Any help will be appreciate...thanks!