function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dstonesiferdstonesifer 

Formula to populate a custom field based on Pick-list field

I've been looking through some other posts but struggling with a solution for this, and I'm running short on time, so sorry if I've overlooked another post to answer this.  I'm not terribly technical, but know just enough to get myself into trouble trying.

I have two custom fields in our Leads tab.  Field A is a pick-list with about 15 different codes, such as AW, AIM, ATP, DC, GH, etc...  Field B I'm trying to populate automatically with specific (and of course non-variable) information related to those codes in Field A, but the information is not stored anywhere else in Salesforce. 
For example;
IF Field A=AW, then Field B= Abcdefg 
                                                Abcdefg

We need the information to populate on up to 4 different lines in the field.  We would then include Field B to include with an extended mail merge.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Message Edited by dstonesifer on 08-20-2008 12:33 PM
FreshFresh
You can't have a formula or workflow populate four separate lines, but what you could do is have four separate formulas (one for each line) and then stack them in your mail merge. The formula for line one would look something like this:

CASE(Picklist_name__c, "Value 1", "Result 1", "Value 2", "Result 2", "Value 3", "Result 3"..."Result if the value isn't named")

Good luck!