function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin 

Where is the auto-response coming from?

We have a web-to-lead form that we route according to country and/or region. In some cases, we forward an email to a partner and also reply to the Lead with a message that partner X will be in contact. In one case (country = Poland), I have 2 emails going to the Lead, one that I want and another that is old, that I cannot find, that I want to remove.
  • I have looked at my Lead Auto-Response Rules and my Workflow Rules, and I cannot find the source of the old message.
  • I also looked through all the Email Templates, and I can't find the template for it there, either.
  • I've looked through the web form to see if something odd stands out, and have come up blank as well.
  • One other thing, it also creates an activity with a copy of the email when it is sent.
Any ideas as to how else this message could be triggered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas!

- Chris
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
Have you checked Email Alerts and sort by Lead Object?
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin
Great idea. Unfortunately that provided just another view of the same data I've looked at -- no luck.
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
Hmm, each Lead Assignment rule has a Email Template associated with it, does your assignment rule for that country have a template associated with it? or maybe the queue if your using a queue. :smileysurprised:
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin
I'm not sure I understand your statement. Leads will trigger emails and get assigned to queues.

I think I made it a step closer, but things are still not completely clear.
I found a generic reply form that uses a custom field to substitute the partner name and address in the form - I believe this is where my auto-response is coming from. From here though, I cannot seem to figure out how to see the value of this custom field. Here are the steps I've done:
  • Setup
  • Customize > Lead > Fields
  • Edit Custom Field (iGrafxRepContactInfo_HTML)
The Default Value is empty. Clicking Show Formula Editor is also empty. I followed what I could find in SF Help. I would think it would use a formula, so the address returned would vary based on country criteria. How do I find where the value for this field is defined?
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin
Ok, I've made further progress...
  • Click on the custom field
  • Click View Field Accessibility
  • Make the field accessible (visible) on my Lead Layout
  • View a Lead, and I see the value for the field, which is a reference to an HTML page
  • Located HTML pages
So I can update these pages, and I think I will have solved, but I still don't know how to see the existing formula for this custom field.