function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sanfranskysanfransky 

Formula to express Percentage of Monthly Revenue?

Greetings All,

I have been asked to create a report column that reflects the percentage of expected total monthly revenue for each Opportunity, broken down by month. For Example:

Opportunity A (close date is September)

Total September Monthly Revenue 122,000

Opportunity A Monthly Revenue 12,200

Opportunity A % of Monthly Revenue 10%

The trick seems to be able to reference the total expected monthly revenue for all Opportunities as reflected on the report. This apparently cannot be done using Custom Summary Formulas in the report.

I have searched but cannot find how to accomplish what I thought was a simple task. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
Sometimes I am slow to understand people's needs, so let me know if I understand this correctly you have an Opportunity that represents a Full Year, but you then want to via a report allocate that over 12 Months in Dollars and Percentage, can you send me a screen shot of your Opp?
sanfranskysanfransky
Perhaps I should have explained it in more detail:

I have a report that shows expected Opportunity revenue for the coming 120 days.

My sales manager wants a column that represents the percentage of monthly revenue represented for each Opportunity.

So...

Close Date 9/30/2008

Sturdy Co $1200

Marko Inc  $2400

Total Monthly Rev $3600

How can I create a formula (or some other mechanism) which would render this output:

Close Date 9/30/2008

Sturdy Co $1200    33%

Marko Inc  $2400    66%

Total Monthly Rev $3600

Thanks!
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist

Ah, I do not think you can do this within Salesforce.com because in the Custom Summary Fields in SFDC you can not get the Grand Total figure that shows on the report. I could be mistaken but I have not found a way to do it.

The only suggestion is you could use the Connect for Microsoft Office, then download the report, create the formula in another excel workbook, then just refresh the report everytime your boss wishes to get the figure.

I am running into the same issues, Salesforce does not really do "analysis"/comparison very well. I am looking into Cognos for reporting purposes. :smileymad:

ronbarronbar

Hi CRMGeneralist,

What you describe above about propagating total revenue across several months is something that I am actually trying to do.  Would you know of a viable solution?  We thought of building logic onto the opportunity screen that takes our total revenue and divides it across relevant months, but understand that will definitiely require some time writing the logic.  We would then run a report on those month fields.

Thoughts?

Message Edited by ronbar on 11-12-2008 12:24 PM
crmcomptoolscrmcomptools

Hello,

did  you figure this one out? it is very frustrating to not be able to do stuff like this in Salesforce since management wants to see dashboard graphs based on such data. It is pretty silly to push it out to Excel. As an admin, this is very frustrating!!!!!

Best