function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KajaKaja 

how to display the Account's Field on the Opportunity header?

Hi,

Is it possible to pull the Country(picklist from Account record)  and display this on the Opportunity header?

This field would be readonly on the Opportunity. This Field also be available as a picklist field when creating Views
Please guide me how to meet this requirment.
i've tried created text formula field (cross-object) on opportunity.
but this is not copied over into Opportunity 's newly created formula field(text) automatically.

Any suggestion ?

I need to pull the data(country) from Account to Opportunity Country formula  field.

thanks in advance.
Kaja
NPMNPM

This Opportunity formula will work to display the value of the picklist field in Account.  Hopefully, there are not too many countries involved or change often because you will need to keep the formula in synch with the possible Country values in the picklist:  

Code:
CASE( Account.Country__c ,
"USA", "USA", 
"MEX", "MEX",
"CAN", "CAN","undefined")

It is a text type return formula field but since the Account Country custom field you are using is a picklist you need to use CASE or ISPICKVAL in the formula and basically duplicate the values available in the picklist.  If the picklist has values thata are not in the formula the formula filed will display undefined (or whatever you would want displayed).

Hope this helps.

Neal

KajaKaja
Thank you Sir.

however, i am frustrated with sfdc formula field limitation. i have 100s of countries and wanted to get BIGGER accomadation of formula field maximum chars in source code
i've posted the same post here..

Any other approach to solve this problem.
I am in need of helping from you people
please help me how to solve this problem

NPMNPM

The formula compiled size limitation continues to be very frustrating.  Search in Ideas and vote for one of the ones out there - or submit a new one if one can not be found.

An approach that may get around it - that should not be needed - might be to use a couple of intermediate/placeholder "Country" subset fields that are updated by workflow/field update formula(s) (if your edition supports them) whenever the opportunity is edited/saved.  These would not be placed on the page layout.  Then create a Country formula field that evaluates the  placeholder fields and is displayed on the page. 

The subset fields can not be formula fields themselves because if referred to by the Country formula field the compile size will still be violated.
NPMNPM

I have been assuming that you can not use Account "Billing Country"  for this because you said  Country is a picklist field on Account ?  It would be a very simple formula if you can use Billing Country.

Account.BillingCountry

KajaKaja
Thanks Sir. I think we have to follow the FieldUpdate only,as this formula have limitation . I've already gone thru many idea regarding this problem.

Hm, SFDC owner should be come up with possible solution in future.

thanks
KajaKaja
yes, i am using only picklist Country field not billing country. If it is a text field, then this would have been solved.
i have to use create FieldUpdates under setup->Create workflow&approvals and then create some set of field update names with formula.
Thanks .

I didn't get any hint for my other posts.  :-(