function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deherledeherle 

Can you override the default currency for a 2nd curreny field in an Opportunity?

When using Advanced Currency Management, I understand SObjects have an integrated currency definition that defines the currency for all currency fields in that object.

I'd like to define a currency field in an Opportunity that has a different currency than that defined as the "default" curency for the Opportunity.

Has anyone done this?  I can create a simple text field and then format a string properly, but I'd rather use a built in type.

Thanks in advance!
aalbertaalbert
You need to set the "CurrencyIsoCode" picklist field to the proper currency you want.

There is some more information about CurrencyIsoCode in the API document here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/field_types.htm?SearchType=Stem

deherledeherle
Thanks for the input.

The link you provided describes the exact situation I'm faced with - I have two currency fields in the Opportunity object, but I want each to effectively have its own "CurrencyIsoCode", displaying different values and different currencies for each.

This doesn't appear to be possible.. its looks like each Opportunity record can only have one IsoCode.  Has anyone run into this issue?