function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scottious888scottious888 

Running Apex code in Execute Anonymous fails

My system is behind a firewall and I've had to set my proxy in Eclipse and that all works fine except for when I try to run anything in the "Execute Anonymous" tab.

I believe this is due to the proxy set in Eclipse not being picked up as it has the same response as it was trying without setting the proxy.

Anyone else come across this issue?

The errors I get are:

first a window titled
"Exception Occurred"
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException

Then further details in the results box show:

DEBUG LOG
Failed to send request to https://na6-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/s/14.0/510300D80000000M1cv
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP
This bug definitely is fixed in the upcoming Spring '09 maintenance release of the Force.com IDE.  Thanks for your help verifying our fix, Jim!

All Answers

JonPJonP
Please open a case for this issue with salesforce.com support.
AttaridAttarid
I am having a similar problem, please let me know if any solution has been identified.. help!!!
JimRaeJimRae

I opened a case on this several weeks ago, I got one response via email, indicating it was a proxy issue (I knew that, but not how to fix it).

I will update if this gets resolved.

scottious888scottious888
My case has been forwarded to the developer team. I will keep you updated.
JonPJonP
This issue should be resolved in the Spring '09 release of the Force.com IDE, due out in a few weeks (after all Salesforce servers have been upgraded to Spring '09).
G_NG_N

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Please let me know if this is resolved.

Thanks,

NG

JimRaeJimRae

JonP wrote:
This issue should be resolved in the Spring '09 release of the Force.com IDE, due out in a few weeks (after all Salesforce servers have been upgraded to Spring '09).

I just installed the new plug-in today, and it did not resolve this issue.  I did change it, I get a different error, but I still cannot use execute anonymous with a proxyserver environment.

JonPJonP

What is the new error you're receiving?  If we can reproduce it in the lab we will try to prioritize it for the next maintenance release.

Thanks,

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

JimRaeJimRae

Jon,

I used to get "Connection Exception".

The new error is:

Unable to create connection to server 'cs2-api.salesforce.com:
Unknown host:proxy2.compuware.com/xx.xx.xx.xxx
Please verify your proxy settings.

The x's above are the actual ip address of the proxy server, so, it is reading the proxy settings, and using DNS to get the IP address, it just doesn't use it.

I have asked support to reopen case #0236629, but have not heard back

JonPJonP

Jim,

I've reopened the bug for the development team and asked Support to reopen your case.

Just to be clear, other network-dependent functions of the Force.com IDE (create project, refresh/save/synchronize) work correctly through your proxy?  Only Execute Anonymous gives you the error message?

Thanks,

Jon

JimRaeJimRae

Jon,

Thanks.  You are correct, all other functions that require network access through the proxy, work fine. It is only the Execute Anonymous that does not work.

gordonmgordonm
Jim, are you using any authentication for connecting to the proxy?
JimRaeJimRae
I am using authentication.  The proxy configuration is correct, all other network access functions (create project, deploy, save to server, refresh from server, schema viewer) work correctly, it is only the Execute Anonymous that does not.
JonPJonP
This bug definitely is fixed in the upcoming Spring '09 maintenance release of the Force.com IDE.  Thanks for your help verifying our fix, Jim!
This was selected as the best answer
JimRaeJimRae

That is true!  Thank you Jon, and Hayes for your persistance in getting this working.

MaxaMaxa

issue did not resolved for  me i'm getting exactly same error as before.

anynoe else is having the same issue?

JimRaeJimRae

Are you sure you are running the latest version of the plug in?

I am running  Eclipse 3.4.2 and salesforce.com plugin 16.0.0.200906151227.

MaxaMaxa

i was runing the old one, updated it and it works fine, should have read teh post more carefully the first time

thanks for your reply