function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FilikinFilikin 

Why is there a difference between lookup * for different users

I have two users, one an administrator and other a more restricted user. Both have full access to my custom objects bus and bus trips.

The bus trips object has a lookup which displays a list of buses with the "In service" attribute checked.

When the admin goes to the lookup and enters * in the search, he sees all the "In service" buses, as expected.

But when the other user does exactly the same lookup, she only sees a single bus.

She can see more buses by entering a few characters of the bus name, so I know she has the rights to see the buses (and she can see all the buses from the "Buses" tab).

Has anyone any idea why there is a difference in the way the lookup filter works?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Saravanan @CreationSaravanan @Creation

HI

lookup* is display only recently viewed buses not necessary to display all the buses in that object this is provided by salesforce.otherwise try type single letter and then *  eg:a* it will display all bus starting with a.

are u got it.

All Answers

ElcalvoMikeElcalvoMike

is that user the owner of that bus record by any chance?

FilikinFilikin

yes, the user who can see all the records is the owner of them.

but why does that affect the lookup?

Does Lookup * mean "Show me all records I own?"

ElcalvoMikeElcalvoMike

Are you searching from the main SF search bar?

Or entering a value in the look up field.

If the main SF search bar, click search options and make sure the 'Only Itmes I own' is unchecked for that user instance.

FilikinFilikin

I am entering the * in the lookup field.

ElcalvoMikeElcalvoMike

That users profile has View All checked for this custom object?

FilikinFilikin

yes and if I put 0 in the lookup she sees all the buses starting with 0, so I know she has the right to see the buses

Saravanan @CreationSaravanan @Creation

HI

lookup* is display only recently viewed buses not necessary to display all the buses in that object this is provided by salesforce.otherwise try type single letter and then *  eg:a* it will display all bus starting with a.

are u got it.

This was selected as the best answer