function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinod TomarVinod Tomar 

Workflow Rules Order of Execution Change

Hi,

We have 2 workflow. First workflow send an email if value of one field(say Amount) is greater than 50 and second workflow update Amount field to 0 in some condition.

Now the problem is if one user put the value 60 and hit the save button then email will be fired, but due to second workflow Amount value will 0.

When Amount value is 0 email should not be fired. I need a solution where 2nd workflow should always run first then first workflow should run.

Can somebody help me on this

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

You need to probably tweek your workflows a bit to fulfill your requirement. 
Try the following:-

• Create a field "ConditionFlag" to 
  • In the first workflow which fires the email message also add another action a "field update" which sets the field "ConditionFlag"  to true
  • Now in the second workflow which resets the value to 0 , add another condition to check among other codition if the value of "ConditionFlag"  is set to true then fire the second workflow.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

Thanks, Can you please explain in details?

I have explained in detail please check my response.

Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

Thanks for detailed reply but here we want to run field update workflow first(Its sets value to 0 on some condition) then email alert workflow which send email if vaue is >50. 

Then modify the WFR as follows:-

• 1st  WFR check Amt>50 and { Condition for Zero  not true} - Send Email
  • 2nd WFR check Amt>50 and { Condition for Zero  is  true} - Set value to zero and donot send email

MelliottMelliott

Your condition flag should be a formula field and not a field update.  If it is a field update, you will run the risk of a workflow action trying to fire another workflow which will fail as a workflow action cannot fire off another workflow.