function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Task to Multiple users

Hello,

Is there any way to assign tasks to multiple users besides creating other custom field?

TIA!!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi BA_Admin,

Did you check the feature "Group Tasks" ?

Enable group tasks from:-

App Setup - Customize - Customize-Activities- Activity Settings here check the the "Group Task" checkbox. 

To create a group task:

1. On the New Task page, click the lookup icon (Lookup icon) next to the Assigned To field.
  2. In the lookup window, select the Multiple Users tab.
  3. Users can be organized into various categories such as personal groups, public groups, roles, or territories. In the Search drop-down list, select the appropriate option.
  4. Optionally, enter one or more characters in the text box and click Find to perform a search.
  5. In the Available Members list, click one or more items to select them. Press CTRL+click to select multiple items individually, or SHIFT+click to select multiple adjacent items at the same time.
  6. Click the Add and Remove buttons to move your selections between the lists.
  7. When the appropriate choices are in the Selected Members list, click Done. If your selections total more than 100 users, you must reduce your selections before you can proceed.
  8. On the New Task page, see your selections display next to the Assigned To field. The total number of tasks you are creating also displays.
  9. Continue entering task details such as due date, status, and comments.
  10. When you save the task, your selected users will be assigned copies of the task. Note that these copies are independent and not linked; they can be edited, transferred, or deleted individually.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi BA_Admin,

Did you check the feature "Group Tasks" ?

Enable group tasks from:-

App Setup - Customize - Customize-Activities- Activity Settings here check the the "Group Task" checkbox. 

To create a group task:

1. On the New Task page, click the lookup icon (Lookup icon) next to the Assigned To field.
  2. In the lookup window, select the Multiple Users tab.
  3. Users can be organized into various categories such as personal groups, public groups, roles, or territories. In the Search drop-down list, select the appropriate option.
  4. Optionally, enter one or more characters in the text box and click Find to perform a search.
  5. In the Available Members list, click one or more items to select them. Press CTRL+click to select multiple items individually, or SHIFT+click to select multiple adjacent items at the same time.
  6. Click the Add and Remove buttons to move your selections between the lists.
  7. When the appropriate choices are in the Selected Members list, click Done. If your selections total more than 100 users, you must reduce your selections before you can proceed.
  8. On the New Task page, see your selections display next to the Assigned To field. The total number of tasks you are creating also displays.
  9. Continue entering task details such as due date, status, and comments.
  10. When you save the task, your selected users will be assigned copies of the task. Note that these copies are independent and not linked; they can be edited, transferred, or deleted individually.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
BA_AdminBA_Admin

wow that helps , never looked into it, so it's nothing but assigning a single task to multiple users right ? and also do you know by chance if you can add multiple contacts on asset page, i created couple of custom fields on asset but can this be accomplished without creating any custom fields, like selecting multiple contacts from just one contact lookup?

Elizabeth SmithElizabeth Smith
I just checked the settings as the multi-assign feature is not enabled on my non-profit starter pack.  However, the button you sugges is checked.   I have emails to SF that show up as tasks that I want to assign to more than 1 person.  How else might I enable this function which defnitely exists in other versions. 
sharath Tsharath T
Hi experts,
            Is the above question possible in lightning mode?
Harleen MannHarleen Mann
@Sharath I dont think so...