function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SquirrelMasterSquirrelMaster 

Workflow Rule Criteria Help-Need it to fire when Date=Today()

I am having problems understanding what I am doing wrong.  I have an object with a date field on it.  All I want, is when the date = today, it to send an email.

I set up a workflow rule and for the rule criteria set it to Formula Evaluates to True and my formula is Date__c = Today ().  For my action I have an email sent then. 

The problem is the email is never sent. I have to go and edit the record and change something for it to send.  Anyone know a fix for this??

JennDJennD

Try using a time based workflow?  I don't think that you'll be able to trigger your email to send otherwise unless there's an actual edit and save on the record the exact day you want the email to send.

Santosh KumbarSantosh Kumbar

What is the option do you select while creating workflow.??

{

When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria
Only when a record is created
Every time a record is created or edited

}

Santro652Santro652

I had a similar problem: the thing is when the user enters the date i should check if the date is passed or is in future or if it is today so i wrote 3 WF rules:

Conditions are:
A) Cut of Date>today Time based action: Send email after 0 hours after cut off date
B) (Cut_Off_Date < TODAY()) Action: Immediate WF rule triggers
C) Cut of Date=today - Time based action: Send email after 0 hours after cut off date

hopefully this should be use full for you .. please let me knof if this solved the problem

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000bBDPAA2