function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nickfs92840nickfs92840 

Exclude a Profile from a Validation Rule

AND (
ISPICKVAL(Bring__c, "Under contract"),
ACL_MPI__c,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Out__c)),
NOT($Profile.Name = "Devian")
)

I'm trying to exclude a profile from a currently setup validation rule. As you see from the above, I have my validation rule and what I think is the correct string to exclude the Devian profile from this validation rule. When i check the syntax, it does not produce any errors. But when I go in the record logged in as that profile, and try to save the record, I am prompted to enter the required information that is built off that validation rule.

Can anyone help me figure out why my validation rule is not working properly when logged in as the profile mentioned in the rule?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nickfs92840nickfs92840

After looking back at my original post, my rule does work :)

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You have missed one thing while wroteing your validation rule. You have written that when the profile name is not “Devian”. Hence for devian it will not throw an error for other profile it will through an error. Hence you have to make the changes in your rule that Profile.Name=”Devian” then it will work for you. Your rule should be like this:

AND (
ISPICKVAL(Bring__c, "Under contract"),
ACL_MPI__c,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Out__c)),
($Profile.Name = "Devian")
)

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

nickfs92840nickfs92840

After looking back at my original post, my rule does work :)

This was selected as the best answer
nickfs92840nickfs92840

This is weird, when I use this rule in my developer account it works flawlessly,  however, when I apply this rule to my enterprise account, the rule doesn't work. Any suggestions on why its not working?

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Check the spelling and punctuation, they need to match exactly

nickfs92840nickfs92840

Hi Stevemo, I've copy pasted this formula to the exact same thing.

I even unchecked ACL-MPI on the front end to make sure it works. When I uncheck ACL-MPI from the front end, I can save the record with no problem. But when I check ACL-MPI, the error pops up and prompts me to make a selection to the "Out__c" picklist.

HEEEEEEELP :)