function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC Dev KalluSFDC Dev Kallu 

Populate custom field based on Account Owner

Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve the following, i am hoping someone can help me out.

I have created a custom field on my Accounts object called Group. Whenever someone creates a new account i want this field to be populated by the Division name of the user who is now the "Owner" of the Account. The Division name is in the users profile. I can do this with the "Created By' route, but cannot seem to find a way to do this with "Owner".

I was told i might need an S-Control to do this. Can someone pls help me with this?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by SFDC Dev Kallu on 12-05-2008 02:12 PM
CRM08CRM08
Hi,

You could achieve this by using trigger update(after insert) or customizing the whole page using S-Control for account.

assign {!User.Division} into Group field of account before insert in S-control.

Thanks!
SFDC Dev KalluSFDC Dev Kallu
I have never written any code, would it be possible to write snippet of code so that i can try it out....thanks!!
AdminisaurusRexAdminisaurusRex
I am not a code writer, but this page here: http://www.crmsetup.com/solutions.htm
 enabled me to write my own s-controls that do just what you need.  Don't be discouraged by what looks like a very technical solution.  Just read slowly and follow the directions and you will be able to do this.

Good luck.
chrissy2007chrissy2007

Hi SFDC Dev Kallu,

I know this is an older post, but did you ever figure out the code?  If so, would you mind sharing?  Thank you!

Chrissy