function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RickWeschRickWesch 

Creating a simple % formula

Formula creation question. In the Accounts tab section I have two fields that are numbers. One is 2009 revenue goal and the other is YTD revenue. I have created a third field that I want to represent the YTD revenue/2009 revenue goal. This is a percentage that I want to have SF.com automatically calculate based on the numbers in the first two fields. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for your help.
CafeCafe
When you are creating the custom field, select formula as the field type. Then choose Percent. Then insert the YTD revenue field, the operator / Divide, and the 2009 revenue field. Salesforce should automatically populate the field for you.

RickWeschRickWesch
Formula is not an option for me under Field Type. The options start with "none selected" and end with "URL". If I select "percent" as the field type
and hit next the "enter details" page comes up with  "show formula editor" underlined towards the bottom. If I click on this it really doesn't provide me with a functional formula editor.
CafeCafe
Which edition are you using? I have Enterprise edition, and when creating a new custom field (Setup - Customize - Accounts - Fields - New) Formula is the 3rd choice on the list, under None Selected and Auto Number.
RickWeschRickWesch
We have the Professional Edition. I believe however that I should still be able to create a formula. Thoughts?
CafeCafe
I think you should be able to, but I'm not sure how it differs from enterprise. Are you able to create workflow? You could create a workflow formula that automatically populates the field with the percentage.