function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RozRoz 

Opportunity Age field: where is it?

Hi there

There is an Age field available on Opportunity reports. 

We are trying to find it to see how it is calculated, but can't find it anywhere.

Is it just a calculated field on the report?  If so, how do we find out how it calculates?

Thanks.

Roz
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/
If you need to have a handle to the Age field, you can "roll your own" by creating a custom formula field.

DataType = Number(0)

Code:
NOW() - CreatedDate

Although you may wanna tweak the formula a bit to stop aging once the Opportunity in Closed

All Answers

Yeah, I ran into the same thing, I don't think you can get a handle to it.  Your best bet is to "roll your own" and create a custom field based on formula that evaluates IsClosed = FALSE, CreatedDated, and NOW

Message Edited by Stevemo on 01-14-2009 10:09 PM
RozRoz
Curiouser and curiouser...

Glen  "It's a crazy world..."
H.I.  "Someone oughta sell tickets"

- Raising Arizona
If you need to have a handle to the Age field, you can "roll your own" by creating a custom formula field.

DataType = Number(0)

Code:
NOW() - CreatedDate

Although you may wanna tweak the formula a bit to stop aging once the Opportunity in Closed

This was selected as the best answer
RozRoz
Thanks Stevemo.

:)

Message Edited by Roz on 01-16-2009 09:23 AM
rpr2rpr2

Definition found in online help:

In Opportunity reports, the age of an open or closed Opportunity is the number of days since the Opportunity was opened.

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc
For an open opportunity, the number of days since the opportunity was created. For a closed opportunity, the number of days between the creation date and the closed date.
Jean Grey 10Jean Grey 10
I used the following for a number formula field and it works well.

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(CloseDate)), (CloseDate-DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)),Today()- DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))