function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarzillicmarzilli 

Report grouping Picklist (Multi-Select)

I have a custom Picklist (Multi-Select) and when a run a report that groups by the Picklist it doesn't group by each item in the Picklist but each combination of selected items that exist.

For example pick list values are A,B,C.

My report groups will list all select combinations 
A
ABC
AC
B
BC
C

Instead I want my groups A, B C. 

If an item as all three selected it should show up in each group.  Any ideas on how to do this?
Steve :-/Steve :-/
I think you may have to convert your Multi-Select Picklist into 2 Single Value Picklist fields, and then link the 2 with a field dependency.  
akak
I am also trying to do this. My research to date seems to show it isn't possible in salesforce.com.

The only suggestion I saw was to create separate reports for each picklist option and use the include filter to pick out the value.

This is the suggestion in the sfdc help area - quoted below.

"How do I include multiple values from a multi-select picklist field in reports?

When creating new list views or reports that include a multi-select picklist field, you will want to use "Include" and "Exclude" as your filter operator. This will enable you to include multiple values, rather than only the first selected value.

Please note that results do not include partial matches of values."

Not very practicable if you have a long picklist and want to run all the reports. Also not "future proof" as you will have to create a new report if you add to the picklist.

If I find out anything further I will post here.
cmarzillicmarzilli
This information is to valuable for my organization not to have so I created a web page that leverages SFDC's API to get the totals I am looking for.  After selecting a date range and the PickList (Multi-select) on the Opportunity you want the page loops through all possible values of the PickList (Multi-select) and gets the total count for each.  It's very slow because it makes one query for each item in the PickList (Multi-select).  But this finally gets me the data I need.  The end result looks something like this:

A: 10
B: 3
C: 6

If anyone is interested I can email you the code I used.  For non-developers I also do freelance Salesforce work and can build something similar for your organization. Email me at cmarzilli@gmail.com.

sdillingersdillinger

I have the same issue.   I am tracking days a contact is available.   The picklist-multiselect has the days of the week.

I want to run a report to see who is available Tuesday.   But the report only spits out who is available ONLY on Tuesday.   So if they are available Tuesday and Wednesday they do not show up.

This seems pretty silly and I can't image I (along with the original poster) are the only ones facing this issue.

This is a real problem for me.

SFBethSFBeth

This was a problem for me too.  I was trying to report on how many products are available in each region- and I wanted to see a product counted if it was both in the North America and the Europe, for example.  I wanted to see it in one report.

I came up with a silly work around, but it works.  

I created a new number formula field for each region (luckily I'm only dealing with 4).  The formula was:

'IF(INCLUDES(my_multipicklist_c, "Target Picklist Option"), 1, 0'

Then I put this formula field, for each region I wanted, into a summary report and summed each field.  So if it included the region, it was a 1 and was added up, if it didn't, it was a 0 and didn't get added in.

I hope that helps someone out.  This is not an ideal work around- I can't believe it doesn't work the way we all think it should!

Kevin Hastings 8Kevin Hastings 8
I only have 6 picklist values.  The report will need to be updated each time the Picklist values are added to...
I used the formula SFBeth recommended for each of my 6 multi-select picklist values, but then I could not put them all in the Group By at top of my matrix report.   The app cannot be added to my object matrix report (app is a stand alone solution).

Similar to what AK suggested:  Create a *filter* on my matrix report:  <multi-select picklist field> equals <each individual picklist value separated by commas>).  I was then able to put the <multi-select picklist> at top of the matrix report that grouped by each picklist value.

David StephanDavid Stephan
Geralyn De LeonGeralyn De Leon
Please help, 
We want the report to only reflect the clients that are references and had hoped by adding the multiple choice option, that the report would then reflect the multiples. We do not want the total just the records replecting the tally for the multi select picklist values.